Husky Howl

Our class was wild over our two week literacy unit surrounding the Iditarod Sled Dog Race!  We challenged our favorite musher by counting each page we read during the race as a mile on our giant map of Alaska.  We devoured all kinds of fiction and nonfiction mushing books. We discovered more about nonfiction graphic sources, and we ended every day dancing to “I Did, I Did, I Did the Iditarod Trail.”

Husky Howl

I’m black and white.

I run fast with the wind.

I bark.

I sniff the trail.

I dash up the tall Alaska Range.

I am strong to pull the musher all the way to Nome.

I am a big husky,

And I am the lead dog.

About Cherie Blessing

My name is Miss Blessing, and I would like to welcome you to our class blog! Teaching is the calling of my heart, and I hope to set an example of tenacious engagement in learning this year. Let the Great Adventure begin!

3 Comments

1. Hello Miss Blessing,
    I did find Bunny use of wild animal and reading showing a lot of creativity. Am a teacher and find it drawing the readers curiosity to the content written. l wish to read why you love spring. Here in kenya we don’t have spring, winter, summer and autumn, we only experience wet season ( April to July) and hot season (September, January, February, March)

2. Dear Bunny,
    I love how you wrote that poem. I am never satisfied with how my poems come out. How do you do it so well?

Sincerely,
    Jordan 😀